A Dance With the Butterflies

This blog is an area for project participants to collaborate, share ideas, ask questions, etc.

Subscribe to this feed
You can subscribe to this feed by copying the link from the xml icon and pasting it in your favorite news reader. Susan's favorite is Bloglines.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

tools and progress


Hello, everbody. I'm so anxious to see your projects, I can hardly wait. How are they coming? Any hints as to what you are doing? I was just looking a a new tool, (or maybe just new to me) called Pixie www.tech4learning.com/pixie by Tech4Learning. It's seems easy and maybe something that could be used in this project. If you try it let us know what you think.

4 Comments:

Blogger S McPherson said...

Another gem of free copyright-friendly photos is at www.pics4learing.com.

There are also lesson plans. What a find! Of course again, maybe only new to me! Enjoy.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Susan Silverman said...

Pixie is only $39.95 for a single user.
They also offer a free demo version of the program at:
http://www.tech4learning.com/pixie/index.html
Nice diagram, Sarah!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Ms. Jacoby said...

I LOVE the design you created! Where did you find the graphics? From Pixie?

6:45 AM  
Blogger S McPherson said...

Lanise,
Yes I made the design with Pixie. The graphics were clip art within the program. There is supposed to be a way to record sound too, but I haven't had time to figure that out. I'm not an elementary teacher, but actually a professor in graduate school, so this really isn't my forte. However it was given to me to review so I thought I'd take a look see. I really like it so far. When I heard about it, it was compared to KidPix. I don't really use KidPix so I can't make the comparison.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home