A Dance With the Butterflies

This blog is an area for project participants to collaborate, share ideas, ask questions, etc.

Subscribe to this feed
You can subscribe to this feed by copying the link from the xml icon and pasting it in your favorite news reader. Susan's favorite is Bloglines.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Our Monarch Project

What an amazing season it's been for us,too. I am so glad we can still share our experiences here!
My co-worker and I took a wonderful three day workshop called "Teaching and Learning with Monarch Butterflies from the Monarch Teachers Network. We also particpated in the Symbolic Migration and the children have raised over 50 Monarchs from eggs which were found in our own garden !
We learned how to tag them( It doesn't hurt them or interfere with flight at all) to help the scientists at Monarch Watch track their migration to Mexico.How remarkable it would be to hear that one of "our " butterflies made the trip safely.
The children released the last butterfly a few weeks ago and are already talking about the spring. (Plant milkweed,ladies.. and they WILL come. :)) I posted some photo's on Flkr..but my skills are rusty.. because I can't find them.. but I'll keep trying.
I hope everyone will enjoy nature in all it's glory in every season.
Best,
Hope
Oh, and I like all of these suggestions from NABA for what a "flock of butterflies" should be called. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger S McPherson said...

There seens to be plenty of choices -- interesting that there is not anything official. Maybe the children have some suggestions. Thanks for the research.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home